Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Nutritional Plan That Will Help Break Through Your Fitness Plateau


Question from C.R. – “What are you eating? Do you have a set meal plan? I'm down 45 pounds, but hitting a plateau.”


Reaching a plateau can be frustrating especially if you have been doing so well trying to lose weight.  Your body goes through a lot of changes when you lose weight.  Therefore, when you reach a plateau, you need a new routine.  Change your diet or exercise routine, maybe both.

I personally don’t have a set meal plan.  I’m very active and burn a lot of calories throughout the day and find myself eating more to maintain my weight.  I’m not complaining, it’s a good problem to have.  Although I can eat anything I desire, I tend to eat fairly healthy and control my meal portions.  Your body is like a sports car, you have to give it the right fuel for the best performance.  Food is 80% responsible for your weight loss or gain.

I recommend following the menu below until you’ve reached your goal.  When you have reached your goal, then you can eat whatever you like but keep in mind the amount of calories you’re eating along with exercise.  The logic of losing weight is plain and simple.  Don’t consume more calories than you can burn off.  Until you are able to learn how to control your weight pound by pound, stick with this low calorie menu below.


BREAKFAST

Pick one main dish:
1) 2-4 egg whites
2) 1-2 eggs
3) Egg beater veggie omelet
5) Oatmeal mixed w/berries (instead of using any sugar)

Pick one side dish:
1) Rice cake
2) Low calorie wheat toast
3) Whole wheat English muffin
4) ½ Bagel

LUNCH & DINNER

Pick one main dish:
1) 6-8 oz. broiled/grilled fish
2) 6-8 oz. broiled/grilled skinless chicken breast
3) 6-8 oz. turkey breast
4) Tofu
5) Salad w/fat free vinaigrette dressing

Pick one side dish:
1) Vegetable dish
2) Dry baked potatoes or yam
3) Rice

OTHERS

Drinks:
1) Water
2) All natural fruit juice (with no corn syrup or fructose)
3) Coffee black or with non-fat milk
4) Green tea

Snacks (small portion):
1) Fruits
2) Popsicle (Use all natural juice and make your own)
3) Yogurt (non-fat)
4) Beef jerky (all natural)
5) Nuts

Meal Substitutes:
1) 8-10oz. of non-fat cottage cheese
2) Fruit smoothie (made with all natural fruit, w/non fat yogurt, fruit juice with no corn syrup or fructose)

Only use this weight loss menu as a guideline.  This weight loss menu contains approximately 1500 calories.  I also recommend drinking 8 glasses of water a day. 

If you reach a plateau, give my weight loss menu a try.  Otherwise, cut your meal portions or perhaps change your work out routine by doing more cardio exercises.  I promise combining with exercise, this menu will work! 

No comments:

Post a Comment