Thursday, November 17, 2011


There’s Always Room For Improvement

Obesity is an on-going problem in America.  When I looking around, I see so many overweight people.  I’m not talking about curvy, big-boned or voluptuous people. I’m talking people who’ve really let themselves go, given up and morbidly obese.  I often wonder at what age and when did they give up.  What’s the true problem for the mental break down?  Did they wake one day feeling hopeless and say, “This is as good as it’s going to get”.  If this is you, just know that you’re not alone.  Let’s break that negative thinking starting today because the truth is, there’s always room for improvement.  We can always be better!

I know far to many people who’ve stopped taking care of themselves once they get into a serious relationship or get married.  They feel that they don’t need to impress anyone anymore.  It’s not about impressing others, it’s about being healthy.  Being admired for your physique is only a plus.  Even if that was the case, isn’t your partner worth looking good for?

As we age, it’s even more crucial that we take care of ourselves to avoid future health issues.  Don’t give up because you think you’re too old.  Staying fit will make you feel younger.  You’ll have more strength and energy to do the things you want to do.  You are responsible for the health and maintenance of your own body.  Every little effort you do to take care of yourself will improve your overall fitness.

Here are some guidelines to help you get started.  You can do it! 
1)  Have a positive attitude and change your negative thinking.  
           (Stop making excuses.  Start saying - I can & I will)
2)    2)  Set a short-term goal. (Example - losing 2-3 lbs. per week)
3)  3)  Set a long-term goal. (Example losing 50 lbs in a year)
4)  4)  Create a nutritional plan.  (Low calorie meals and cutting your food portions)
5)  5)  Have a workout routine (Cardio exercises are best for losing weight)

People are always fascinated how I maintain myself physically.  That’s because I don’t wake up thinking that what I have is good enough.  I wake up thinking,  “How can I improve myself today?”  No matter at what age, I’m constantly challenging myself to be better and I won’t stop until the end of time.

It doesn’t matter how you put on the weight.  It’s about finding a solution.  When do you stop taking care of your body?  The answer is never!

No comments:

Post a Comment